Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Giant Orange



This is definitely showing my age.. I remember these Giant Orange stands.. the one I remember was somewhere around Dixon.  I remember what a treat it was to stop there when we were kids on the way to visit my grandparents in San Mateo.  I also remember seeing them on our trips to Disney Land along Hwy 99.  Now there is a Giant Orange restaurant on Howe Ave which apparently is supposed to be a tribute to the old Giant Orange stand.  I thought there would be more old pictures of the stands or memorabilia from the old stands but it's more just a retro styled decor. 
Of course the menu consists of mainly  burgers but they do have a turkey burger and an vegi burger, fries, onion rings and old time shakes.  Check out the menu here Giant Orange menu 
Here are a few of the items we enjoyed.
one of the more unusual~ fried avocados with two dipping sauces
the burger of the month..the Luau Burger
the Tijuana Hot Mama Burger

Good burgers, but I've had better.. my Tijuana burger was supposed to spicy but lacked the spice.  The Onion rings were good. The fries were OK.. needed to be more crisp.  All in all not bad.  I think the burgers in my memory was a lot better.


Giant Orange
1407 Howe Ave






No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP