Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fine Dining at Gary Danko

It's been 10 years since I last dined at Gary Danko. I truly enjoyed my dining experience & felt it was time for a return, especially since Brandon & Jonathan have been wanting to go...we decided to go & turn the occasion into a celebration~a belated congrats to Brandon for getting his CPA & Andrew for graduating from UCD. 
The menu is quite extensive & decisions were difficult to make. My decision was easier to make since I wanted to do wine pairing. However, while perusing the Summer Tasting menu, I was slightly disappointed with the menu...the choices offered didn't seem appealing but I decided to go with it anyway & I am so glad I did...the food & wine were absolutely delicious!
I'm posting a few pictures of what we ate & I apologize for the horrible quality of the pictures. The restaurant is a bit dim & I didn't wanted to use my flash. I thought it would be rude of me to use flash & disturb the other diners so most of the pictures are dark....but, believe me, the presentation was phenomenal & the quality of the food superb!


1st course Summer Tasting
Crispy Farm Egg with Grits, Royal Trumpet Mushrooms, Frisee & Pancetta
Champagne, Lanson, Black Label, Brut, France NV


2nd course Summer Tasting
Horseradish Crusted Salmon Medallion with Dilled Cucumbers & Mustard Sauce
Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc, Eric Texier, Vieilles Vignes, France 2010
3rd course Summer Tasting
Seared Filet of Beef with Cumin Potatoes, Swiss Chard, Tomato-Corn Relish, & Basil Butter
Cabernet Sauvignon, Ehlers Estate, One Twenty Over Eighty, Napa Valley, California 2010
4th course Summer Tasting
A Selection of Farmhouse & Artisanal Cheeses
~Siltcoos, Oregon
~Mt. Tam, California
~Brie de Nangis, France
~Quicke's Cheddar, England
Coteaux du Lyon, Moulin Touchais, Loire Valley, France 1996


 
5th course Summer Tasting
Chocolate Praline Parfait with Bourbon Sauce & Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Vintage Port, Niepoort, Portugal 2009

Appetizer
Seared Ahi Tuna with Avocado, Nori, Enoki Mushrooms & Lemon Soy Dressing

Fish and Seafood
Soft Shell Crab with White Polenta, Pickled Ginger, Sesame & Lime

Fish and Seafood
Roast Maine Lobster with Potato Puree, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Corn & Tarragon

Meat and Game Birds
Pan Roasted Quail Stuffed with Cornbread & Pancetta with Maitake Mushrooms & Smoked Ham Hocks

Meat and Game Birds
Roast Loin of Bison with King Trumpet Mushrooms, Cipollini Onions & Wild Nettle Spatzle

Meat and Game Birds
Hazelnut Crusted Pork Tenderloin with braised Cheeks, Shimeji Mushrooms, Kale & Fava Beans

Dessert
Warm Louisiana Butter Cake with Peaches, Huckleberry Sauce & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Dessert
Beignets with Coffee Pot de Creme & a Bailey's Milkshake

Dessert
Baked Chocolate Souffle with Two Sauces

Summer Tasting Menu signed by Gary Danko 

Pineapple Cake~Special gift from Gary Danko to the lady diners for their breakfast
How very thoughtful!!!!
And it was delicious too!!

This is such a great restaurant. The service is impeccable & the food phenomenal...it is a little pricey but if you're looking for a special place to eat, this is it!
And, again, I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures...

Bon appétit!
~Karen




No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP