Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BURGERS GALORE- FISH "BURGER"





I know I was going to do hamburgers but my brother gave me some fresh Ling Cod so I decided to a fish "burger". This was a simple fish sandwich , I cut the Ling Cod fillet into pieces and drizzled a little olive oil, salt and pepper and a little garlic powder over. I also sliced some onion rounds and drizzled them with oil also. I then grilled both the fish and the onions over a hot grill. I had a little problem with that since I didn't have much charcoal so the heat wasn't high enough to really brown the fish. I ended up putting it under the broiler for a few minutes. After browning in the broiler I put a slice of cheese over each piece of fillet and again put it under the broiler to melt.
I slathered the bottom of the bun with a tartare sauce,placed the fish and onion on top of the tartare sauce and topped with lettuce and a little more tartare sauce.
Nice easy tasty fish sandwich. You can also either bake or broil the fish in the oven.

Tartare Sauce

1C mayonnaise
1Tbs finely chopped onion
1-2 Tbs finey chopped dill pickles or to taste
1 Tbsp chopped capers
a small garlic clove grated

mix all the ingredients together. Thin a little with either the dill pickle juice or caper brine to taste.

You can also mix in some chopped parsley or cilantro.

I will have an acutal burger post after the 4th..grilling burgers then.




No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP