Saturday, July 3, 2010

SHORT RIBS- LOW AND SLOW

One more low and slow barbecue recipe. This one I think was the best. Short ribs. They are fatty and yummy and just made for the barbecue. Again, this was an experiment since I'm not ever sure what my barbecue is going to turn out like..yum or leather. Short ribs work so well because they are so fatty.
Here is basically what I did. Made a simple rub.. you can use any rub you like. Generously rubbed the ribs with the rub and let sit for about an hour. I use a charcoal Webber grill so it's a little hard to regulate the temperature but then you know my opinon of gas grills..I could just use the oven.
So anyway heat the grill and sear off the ribs and the stack them off the heat. If I'm barbecuing anything low and slow I like to stack it if possible. That way they baste themselves as they cook. It makes for a nice juicy tender result. I rotate the meat every couple of hours and barbecue at 250-300 for 8-10 hours. So, you need to remember to start thinking about this the night before. If you want you can rub and let the meat sit in the refrigerator overnight. Heat the grill and barbecue the meat off the heat for the 8-10 hours, adding more coals as needed to keep the temperature constant. I found that using Lazzari Mesquite coals are the best..some of the chunks look like tree branches but they burn slowly so they last quite a while.





The result juicy succulent ribs.. I served this with baked beans and a side of barbecue sauce, horseradish and A-1. It turned out very well.. it was great!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP