Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My version of Forever Roast Pork

Michael Chirarello has a recipe for Forever Pork, this is my version. I used Roma tomatoes cut in half, sliced onions,garlic, sliced celery and watercress (because I didn't know what else to do with it) and made a veggie "rack" in the bottom of a roasting pan. I deboned a Boston Butt roast and butterflied it. I seasoned the inside with salt and pepper put more sliced onions, sliced garlic and watercress inside and then tied it closed. I made up a rub with salt,pepper,garlic powder, chipotle powder, brown sugar, paprika and seasoned salt.. just mix up the ingredients to suit your taste. I rubbed a little EVOO all over the roast and rubbed the rub all over. You can also just season with salt and pepper if you don't want to use a rub. The roast after well coated with the rub goes on top of the veggies in the roasting pan. Add about 1/4C of water in the pan. This goes into a 275 degree oven for at least eight hours or until the meat is falling apart tender. Strain the juices out of the roasting pan, discard the vegetables and reduce the "gravy" by half, adjust seasoning. Cut the string from the roast and slice or pull the roast apart into chunks. It's good served with mashed potatoes, pass the gravy.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP