Saturday, May 9, 2009

MOXIE REVISTED

I was looking for a place to take my mother for Mother's Day dinner. I needed something quiet and not complicated. I can across Moxie plus a number of other places. I decided on Moxie forit's neighborhood feel and the good reviews it got. I hadn't been to Moxie in years but remembered the food as good. It was. Adam one of the owners works the front of the house. He is absolutelycharming. He gives you the menu and then recites all the daily specials. You will miss half of them if your not paying attention, but he will repeat them to you with lots of patients. He will also charm your pants off.. He could suggest tarantula livers and fava beans and be so charming and describe it so well, you'd order it. Luckily there wasn't anything quite so exotic. We started with the Calamari strips with a lime chili sauce, delicious. We also got the Kobe beef (ground) wrapped in fillo with mushroom, kind of a take on Beef Wellington/egg roll, what ever, it was also delicious..good start. My mother B-I-L, Charlie and mom had the Cesar salad. I guess it was good they all finished it. Entree was the Veal Piccata(great), Lamb, Seafood Pasta and Veal Scalopini. Huge portions, everyone liked their entrees. Desert was Cheesecake, chocolate decadence and a carrot cake (no nuts) and a thick hot chocolate..like the Spanish cocoa. We also had a couple bottles of the Rombaurer Merlot and Charlie had a couple of Hefeweizen.
Great dinner, great service and Adam.


Beef wraped in Fillo w/ mushroomsCalamari stips w/ chili lime sauce


Veal Picatta

Lamb
I'll have to keep Moxie in mind.. today was 2nd Saturday so parking was more a challenge than would probably be. I was pleased with the food and will be back for sure, will have to make this a definitely go to place.
Thanks Jeanne for my our dinner! See you in a couple of weeks in San Diego!
Remember to click on the Top 25

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I don't know how you remember all of the things we ordered and the kind of wine!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP