Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Grandma's Back

Well, after 5 days with my granddaughters I've learned 2 things..I'm not 25 anymore and that babies at 9 months should be sleeping through the night! After 5 days in a 2 story house my knees and hips let me know exactly how old I was. It never failed that I had to go up and down those stairs more times than necessary. Lana who will be 10 months in a few days still does not sleep through the night, mainly because she doesn't drink more than maybe 3 oz. of formula per feeding.. she snacks.. she eats her cereal, fruit and veggies just fine, in fact she eats really well..she just doesn't take her formula as well. I don't know if this is the reason she doesn't sleep through the night ( I even fed her her dinner right before bed...didn't make any difference) or not but by the end of my week, I was pretty sleep deprived. I don't know why either because I'm up and down at night with my dogs and cats so it should be the same.. must be all the chasing after her I had too do that made the difference. She crawls at lightning speed and found out she can climb the stairs and dump the cat's water bowl on top of herself and eat lint, and anything else that touches those little hands. Of course T was a huge help, she's a great little mother. On Friday night T had a Sock Hop to go to and Saturday night I had kid sitting duties for her friends so off to Dave and Busters we went for dinner and a lot of arcade games. Sydney and Zack are quite a pair (brother and sister)..particularly Zack... he is a whirlwind! Even if he is misbehaving he is so funny that you can't get very mad at him. We all had fun, D&B is a great place, a grown ups Chuckie Cheese, but kids love it too. Summer, Kobie and his mom Carol came back on Monday morning and I was really sad to have to leave that evening. I wish I could spend more time with them, especially Lana. I had Tianna everyday from the time she was 3months old until she was 5 so we have a very close relationship. Poor Lana has to come to know me again every few months when I get a chance to get down there. Here is my week in pictures:

Ready for the Sock Hop

Lana and Pawla..discover stair




Yum! Carrots



fun on the slide can we eat leaves?


Milk breakwe discovered the water bowlFun in a basket

Grandma's favorite time of day

5 comments:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Lana has mischief written all over her face. I love the last pic :) T as usual is charming. Tell her I am looking forward to meeting her in summer@ the class

Eileen and Karen said...

she may be in class next week. She will be here for the week.

undercover caterer said...

Looks like fun! I am looking forward to being a Grandma...someday......

I tagged you in my blog for a photo thing.....

Sarah
http://undercovercaterer.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

OMG..how cute! I can so relate the hurtin' hips!

Hopefully, we can meet for lunch or dinner one day. I got kicked off one meetup group cause I didn't participate. oooops.

Did you guys ever meetup in Folsom for Indian food?

Eileen and Karen said...

No, we never did meet up for Indian food.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP