Thursday, December 11, 2008

PLEASE GIVE TO THE LESS FORTUNATE

This year of all years if you still have a job, can pay your mortgage or rent or even have a place to live, can afford to buy groceries PLEASE count your blessings and donate to the less fortunate. Paul of Sacramento-Epicureans always does a Christmas Promise and we donate toys and whatever is requested for the adopted families. This year there is one family who especially touched me. Two little girls and their single mom. When asked what they wanted Santa to bring the oldest said Santa usually forgets them. It was so sad, no child should ever get forgotten by Santa. This year particularly there will be a lot of kids that Santa will forget so please donate to any of the many charities out there this time of year. This year and probably in the coming year it could be any of us that could be in this position, it's scary.

3 comments:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Yep, that was the one that touched me the most too. Brought tears to my eyes when I read Paul's email. I sent a check out to him. Are you going on the 18th?

Unknown said...

I already have given what I can this year to a family...the mom has/had three kids and she is homeless..and her oldest son just died of a heart attack at age 18. He was playing basketball at the Salvation Army here in Sac. So many sad stories and people to help.

Eileen and Karen said...

No, I can't make it on the 18th. Are you going? It always sounds like they have a lot of fun.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP