Tuesday, January 22, 2008

OLD AGE ISN'T FOR THE TIMID

Is it colder than usual? I don't remember winters this cold. I have to say, old age, which everyone says is only in the mind isn't for the timid. I'm here to tell you my mind still thinks I'm in my 30's my body says otherwise. As an official senior citizen (in numbers only) it seems the winters get colder and the body feels it more and quite strenuously objects to it. I just love waking up in the morning and feel every ache and pain as getting out of bed becomes a major adventure.
Oh, I don't let aches and pains stop me from doing anything.. I push through it, but I tell you I can't stack a load of hay anymore, I can't sit on the floor for an extended period of time and I can't climb trees, do cartwheels or jump rope... though I have tried and suffered greatly for my efforts... ain't it just the pits!
As a remedy to all this bitching I'm taking my granddaughter to Hawaii next month.. just think nice warm weather, soft island breezes.. Mai Tais, Pina Coladas.. good looking guys on the beach..

1 comment:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Have fun Eileen. We will miss u at class. Which island r u going to?

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP