Sunday, May 8, 2011

Taylor's Kitchen...Happy Mother's Day

I was here a while back for a quick dinner during the week.  It was good but I wasn't thinking it was all that.  We went again tonight for an early Mother's Day dinner, I was blown away!  It was fabulous.  The restaurant is located right next to Taylor's Market on Freeport Blvd.  They focus on fresh local ingredients and the wonderful meat from the market next door.  It's upscale food in a small neighborhood restaurant.  Check out the menu and then tell me it doesn't sound good.  It's better than good..

We started with the grilled asparagus,barata cheese,jamon serrano and romesco sauce.  The asparagus was fresh and tender, perfectly grilled. The barata melted in my mouth and the serrano ham was julienned and fried crisp all on the romesco sauce.   The crispy sweetbreads were one of the best I've ever had..sorry Waterboy.. but these were so flavorful AND of course how can you go wrong with foie gras?  This was so good, seared Hudson Valley foie with a toad in the hole (buttered and toasted brioche with a little hole with a quail egg in the middle) and crisped up prosciutto. 

appetizers: foie gras, grilled asparagus, sweet bread
 My mother had the roasted beet salad and it must have been good, she ate it all.  Charlie had the hearts of romaine salad; Fra'Mani salami, chickpeas,cucumber,radish,Parmesan cheese with a beer mustard dressing.  He said it was out of the ordinary but delicious again the plate was clean.
For main courses I had the Grilled salmon.  Super fresh perfectly grilled salmon on bed of nicoise salad..the flavors together was perfect.  My sister and Charlie had the ribeye with smoked jalepeno chimichuri.  They even served Charlie his the way he likes it..raw.  If you have wonderful meat like they do, there isn't any reason not to serve it au natural.  If you want an good steak this is the place.  Oh, my mother had the lamb sirloin on a bed of chickpea ragout, preserved lemon, slow roasted tomato and salsa verde..again we couldn't believe she ate almost all of it.

 
grilled salmon
 Desert was a chocolate tart (huge) for my mother, Jeanne and I had the huckleberry tart with an amazing fromage blanc sorbet and Charlie had the flan.  As with everything else, desert was good.
Everyone thought that dinner was outstanding and we know we'll be back again soon.  I think we've found our go to neighborhood restaurant.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP