Monday, July 12, 2010

BURGERS GALORE!! MESA GRILL BURGER

I made this burger a while ago but it is worth blogging about for my burger blog. I had the original burger at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill in Vegas and it was so good! There is nothing fancy about this burger but something about it is absolutely delicious. I actually wanted another one after finishing the first one.
After I got home I kept thinking about the burger. I remembered I had the Mesa Grilled Cookbook and Lo and Behold the recipe for the burger was in there!! I changed it up a little bit but but it was so good..not quite Bobby Flay's but pretty darned close.
The recipe is easy and quick to make.

The Mesa Grill Burger

sauce:

1/4C Dijon mustard
1Tbsp prepared horseradish, drained

1 large Vidalia or any sweet onion sliced crosswise into 1/2" slices
2 Tbsp canola oil
salt and pepper

2 pounds ground chuck
8 slices Cheddar cheese, preferably a mix of white and yellow. (I used Chipotle cheddar cheese)
4 sesame seed buns
4 slices beefsteak tomato
4 lettuce leaves

For the sauce whisk together the mustard and horseradish in a small bowl and set aside.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to high
brush the onion slices with the oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Grill the onion for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
While the onion is grilling for the meat into 4 patties. Season the burgers on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Add 2 slices of cheese to the top of each burger, cover the grill and let the cheese melt.
Place the burgers on the buns top with onion, tomato and lettuce and a dollop of horseradish mustard sauce.
Enjoy!!


1 comment:

Jennyo said...

In LA we had lunch at the 8 oz. Burger Bar and their burger was amazing! It was a mix of short rib, chuck, sirloin and tri-tip, cured in a salt locker (I don't really know what that is). It was seriously one of the best burgers I have eaten! And on top I had them put fried mozzarella!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP