Sunday, June 27, 2010

COWBOY STEAK

Isn't it finally grilling weather? 100 degrees is perfect! Take a beer or a chilled glass of sauvignon blanc out there and grill a great steak. This was a huge "Cowboy steak" from Corti Bros. It is as large as a small rib roast. I rubbed it with Napa Style Porcini rub and some truffle salt and let it marinate all day. My neighbor gave me a huge zucchini so I slice it, drizzled it with olive oil and salt and pepper and put it on the grill also.
The grill was super hot and I seared all sides of the steak. I then set it off the heat until it came to the temperature of 115. I grilled the zucchini quickly over direct heat. All this is served with a tossed green salad with our own home grown cherry tomatoes.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP