Sunday, April 25, 2010

SUNDAY WITH MARLENA -MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD


serves 4-6

3-4 carrots thinly slice
pinch of sugar
3-4 garlic cloves chopped or to taste
1/4 tsp. ground cumin or to taste
juice of half a lemon
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 Tbsp red wine vinegar or any flavorful vinegar
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley or a mixture of both
salt and pepper to taste.

Cook the carrots until just tender. Drain and let dry for a few minutes, put into a bowl.
Add the sugar, garlic,cumin, lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar to the carrots and toss together.
Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste toss well to combine. Chill before serving. It tastes better the next day after all the ingredients blend.
I had a bag of baby carrots on hand so used them instead of sliced carrots. I had tarragon vinegar so I thought I'd try that and it worked very well. Fruit vinegars such as raspberry would also work well with the sweetness of the carrots.
I was a little skeptical about how this was going to taste, it seemed just too simple. Well, it is very simple to make and it is very flavorful. I think this would be a great way to get kids or someone who doesn't like carrots to eat them.



Go to Sacramento Spice and Cooking Schmooking to see what Shankari and Mel have this week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am making this to go with my pork loin today. Is that wrong??

Eileen and Karen said...

sounds good to me. I loved this salad.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP