Monday, April 19, 2010

Crockpot or Slow Cookers are back in!

Hi! This is Karen (not Eileen) blogging in with my 2 cents about cooking with those old fashion crock pot. The last time I used one was maybe 20 years ago when the kids were little & I didn't have time to slave over a stove. I had to pull my out from under the cobwebs after trying my friend, Wendy's pulled pork (cooked in a crock pot), which was so delicious I had to do it, too...but I found another recipe & made oxtail stew. I love oxtail & found a recipe that used pork shoulder & I used oxtail instead.
Ingredients: 1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 to 2 TB chili-garlic sauce
1 to 2 TB black bean chili sauce 1 to 2 TB Hoisin sauce
1 TB minced garlic 1/2 tsp Hawaiian seasoned salt 1/4 tsp. pepper 3 lb oxtail

Directions: In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chili-garlic sauce, black bean chili sauce, garlic salt & pepper. Add the oxtails & toss to coat. Cook, covered, until the oxtails are tender, on high for 4 to 5 hrs or on low for 7 to 8 hrs.
I added some carrots to the last hour of cooking.
Enjoy!
~Karen

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP