Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dinner at Fly Trap


Hi! I'm new to this world of blogging & I thought I'd give it a try (because Eileen asked me to!)...I'm going to share with you a restaurant I ate at which I absolutely love!
This was a return trip to "Zare at Fly Trap" for me, but 1st time for my family & my sister & her family. Everyone was a little hesitant at 1st in trying Persian "fusion" food, but that soon dispelled after we sampled the appetizers: grilled lamb sausage, pistachio meatballs & my favorite, spice-roasted bone marrow. We also ordered a side of french fries w/ saffron aioli, which was good, too...Everyone loved their entree. My favorite was the lamb shank (pictured), served with black-eyed peas, fingerling potatoes & torshi (persian pickles). There was also oxtail tagliatelle that was good, too. My sister had "ghormeh sabzi" (fresh herb stew with basmati rice, preserved lime & short ribs) that was absolutely delicious. Someone had grilled pork chop with brussel sprouts, napa cabbage & pistachio salsa~very, very good. We ended the feast with 4 desserts! There was goat cheese cheesecake, "not your grandma's pie"(lemon curd, coconut meringue, coconut sorbet & saffron-mint syrup), fried milk torrijas (excellent!) & last, "faloodeh"(lime sorbet, rice noodles, preserved cherries, pistachios in tequila blanco!) that was a "killer"!!! We all agreed this was a wonderful experience & now, everyone wants to go back for more!

Karen~

5 comments:

shankari said...

Welcome to the blog world and what a wonderful review.

Eileen said...

Great review Karen! I told you you could do it.

Melly/Melody/or Mel said...

Karen...that was fantastico! Very well written too. Welcome to the blogger world. :) Loved it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

They are becoming the enhancement option of choice for many men for several reasons. vimax pills is the best penis enlargement pills on the market today.more info visit http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html
- http://www.pillspenisproducts.com

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP