Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our resful weekend and CHARLIE PALMER STEAK

Yes, the weather here in Reno was beautiful and actually not as cold as I expected. It was my time to catch up on my sleep. I actually got a chance to sleep though the night without a dog or cat waking me up to go out and back in or kicking me in the side or sleeping on top of me. I could even see Charlie next to me without having to look over a dog and the whole bed to ourselves!!! Yes we could make the animals sleep on the floor but they are so used to sleeping with us it probably wouldn't go over well with them. Maybe I should turn Tianna's bed into theirs.. naww.
So after a restful night the next evening we were back at the Grand Sierra for dinner at Charlie Palmer Steak. I've written about Charlie Palmer before but since our dinner experience the night before was so bad I thought I'd put in the good also. Charlie Palmer is my favorite restaurant in Reno. As always we started with drinks and I have to say they make good drinks. Charlie like Margaritas in a bucket(short high ball like glass) He says that way you don't get all Margarita mix and a little tequila. Well, at Charlie Palmers you get your money's worth. After you get a shot of tequila (Patron Anejo) there isn't much room but for a splash of the mix.. too strong a drink for me! I had the Aureole reserve sparkling wine, that was more my speed and de licious.
They brought our the bread and butter, different types of bread and the best butter ever. It is some kind of Vermont European style butter.
I had the spinach salad with a crispy fried egg and warm bacon dressing. It was delicious. The only minor thing was after they serve the salad the server puts a couple dollops of a mustard vinaigrette around the salad which is totally unnecessary in fact it's too strong. Also I would have liked the egg a little less cooked but that could have been that way because of all the raw egg controversy. Charlie had the Blue Point oysters on the half shell.. he said they were delicious.
Entrees were a small New York steak and a variety of sauteed mushrooms for Charlie and I had the Wagu beef short ribs over saffron risotto and a truffle twice baked potato. Charlie said his steak was one of the best he's had and just the right size he also loved the mushrooms. My short rib was good (mine is still better) and very tender. The rice was really good because it had all the sauce from the short ribs. The potato while good was just too huge!


Desert was a bread pudding with caramel sauce. That was the best bread pudding.. it was very light, not heavy like most. I also got coffee which tonight was hot as it should be and strong the way I like it. I thought I took a picture, but obviously not. I think I was in a food induced stupor. Service was top notch as always. If your in Reno and want a great dinner you have to go to Charlie Palmer Steak at the Grand Sierra Resort.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP