Sunday, March 29, 2009

CHEVY'S CUTS DOWN ON THEIR FOOD

Boy, did they ever! We first intended on going Tre since Charlie has not been there yet, but they were closed for a private fund raising party put on by Vlade Divac. It is all part of the retiring of his jersey on Tuesday night. Since Tre was closed we just walked across the parking lot to Chevy's. It was around 8:00pm so the place was pretty empty. I got the Carnitas Nachos which was more than enough for me ( I brought half of it home) my only gripe was the amount of guacamole and sour cream they gave me. Usually it is a huge dollop of each. Tonight there must have been a couple of teaspoons of each. Charlie ordered the Mixed Grill which consisted of beef, chicken and shrimp fajitas plus some carnitas and rice and beans. Rice and beans were the same portion but the mixed grill was sad. There was about 3 slices of beef, chicken, about 6 small shrimp and a little lump of carnitas. Normally the whole platter was covered with all the above plus grilled vegetable underneath it all plus ribs. I guess the substituted the carnitas for the ribs. Plus the little dollop of sour cream and guac. It was sad. I got a Margarita which I don't think contained any tequila so I switched to a Corona. I don't know what they did to the salsa.. it was still good but had a strange texture..very dry. All in all it doesn't surprise me that business is slow, you certainly don't get your money's worth any longer.
The food was still tasty but minimal compared to what they used to serve you.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP