Sunday, January 11, 2009

GRANGE

I've been reading a lot of good things about Grange. We decided to try it tonight for dinner.
The Sunday Special is Anything within 100 miles, 2-3 course meals for $45.00. Not a bad deal. Of course this was also the Eat Sacramento $30.00 3 course meal deal. We weren't told about the Eat Sacramento deal and I forgot all about it, but the 45.00 meal was a better value.
The Sunday night special tonight was an 8oz. quail plus soup or salad and desert. We decided to try this but we also decided on the Kumamoto oysters on the half shell w/ gravenstien apple mignonette for Charlie and the Pan roasted Sonoma Foie Gras on toasted brioche with dried cherries and a cranberry grastrique. Of course I forgot about taking pictures so Charlie was done with his and I had eaten half of mine.. very goodThe salad course we picked was the Local arugula and raddichio with North Valley Farm Chevre, sun dried tomatoes and fig balsalmic vinegrette. They take a regular salad and spit it.. it was just enough for the 2 of us so it must be pretty large salad. I really enjoyed the salad, it was nice and fresh and the dried tomatoea added an interesting taste and texture.

The entree was the 80z. quail from Yolo County, accompanied by local greens. I don't know if it was 8oz cooked or 8oz undressed, but it was good and the greens were outstanding. I think I would have liked another quail.
Desert was Hot Chocolate with cookies.. chocolate chip (warm), a short bread and a chocolate biscotti. We ordered a shot of Kaluha with the hot chocolate but by it's self if was so good, thought I would have liked it a little hotter. Great cookies too.
All in all the dinner was good everything came out promptly until the entree. I don't know what happened, maybe they were chasing the quail around but it took a while before the entree came out. The food was good, I want to go back on a Saturday when they have their smoked prime rib.
I think I'll give it a little more time to get things straightened out since they just opened. If you go with the daily special, it's a good value for the amount of food you get.. I was very satisfied with the food and it's quality.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP