Thursday, June 26, 2008

SANDRA DEE'S

Tonight I met up with the dining meetup group at Sandra Dee's. This was the first time I was able to make a meetup. This is a very friendly and fun group, the only one I knew was Catherine of ~MUNCHIE MUSINGS but it was very comfortable since all the other members introduced themselves and really made you feel as if you'd known them for a long time.
The food was good, just a tad too spicy even for me. I had the fried chicken with a side of potato salad and collard greens. Both the fried chicken and collards were very spicy. The chicken was really good but I think the spice over whelmed the chicken flavor. I really liked the spice in the collards. The potato salad was OK but the corn bread was good. My granddaughter T had some fried prawns but they were too spicy for her. She ate my potato salad and had an extra serving of corn bread. We also bought a whole sweet potato pie which is very good. It is moderately priced and you get tons of food. The only drawback was the service was very very slow.. maybe it was the fried chicken since they cook it as ordered, but it was worth the wait.




Fried chicken, potato salad, collard greens and corn bread.





Fried prawns and hush puppies





Shrimp Po'boy with sides of barbecue beans and collard greens



The meetup group for dinner at Sandra Dee's


Sandra Dee's on Urbanspoon
Sandra Dee's
601 15th St.
916 448-6375

_Eileen_

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP