Sunday, June 22, 2008

ODDS AND ENDS

Just some some comments of couple of restaurants I went to on Friday.

First I went to lunch with Shankari (Stream of Consciousness.. ), she found a new Indian restaurant in Folsom where she lives. The Curry Club is in the shopping Center that has Winco. We never did find the address of the place. Anyway, it was really good. The chef/owner used to be the chef at Gaylords. I wasn't sure if it was the one in Sacramento or one of the other Gaylords. The waiter told us that the buffet (lunch only) entrees change daily. That's pretty impressive. Friday when we went they had rice, goat curry, tandoori chicken, chicken tika masala, lentils, and a couple other items that I can't remember plus a desert and the best naan which we were told are made fresh for each table.
It is extremely popular with the Intel employees, they pack the place at lunch so it's best to get there before noon. I wish there was a restaurant that good in Sacramento. I think this place and Udupi Cafe are my favorites.
Then for dinner Mel (Cooking Schmooking..No Problem) and I went to Chada Thai Restaurant for dinner before we went to the Comedy Spot. It is on Broadway right next to another Thai restaurant. It was good.. not great. We had the green papaya salad which was good but needed a lot more spice. That's strange for a Thai restaurant where usually you have to ask them to tone down the heat. We also had the fresh spring rolls, the Panang Curry w/shrimp, rice and something else(help me here Mel)which totally escapes me. It was 2 days ago and my memory is totally gone. We did end up asking for some hot chili oil or something to turn up the heat. We ended with the mango and sticky rice which was really good.
I had never been here, I've been to the restaurant next door and I think it's better.

_Eileen_

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wasn't that impressed with Chada..they did forget to make the dish we both really wanted...the red snapper! That's why you don't remember it. :) It was close to the comedy spot though. I'll hit Queen Sheba or Katmandu next time I go see a show. Get there at least 20 minutes early. (to the comedy spot)

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP