Monday, March 17, 2008

Merry Christmas

Tonight Sue, Chris and I headed to Roseville to try Paul Martin's American Bistro. We a heard a lot of good things about the restaurant and a lot of the local bloggers had blogged about it early on when it first opened.
We finally got around to our Christmas dinner. Yes Christmas. During the holidays it was just to hectic so we said we'd do it after Christmas, well, it is after Christmas. Paul Martins is a very well done restaurant with lots of wood, I especially liked the bar with a brick wall behind the nooks for for all the bottles. Very clean and classy.. not fussy or over the top. After we were seated Chris said she liked the ambiance, it had a relaxed feel to it. We started with the Peach Champagne (mimosa) which was refreshing. We started with the Butchers Board, Artisan Salume and local cheeses. Also the Manila clams in a garlic white wine sauce. Both were very good. Entrees were the skirt steak with roasted sweet potatoes and arugula for Sue and I and Chis had the pork chop.. a huge chop along with brussel sprouts. Both entrees were great. Desert.. of course was the Chocolate Ganache cake which was good because it wasn't too sweet and the Banana Cream Pie. I would have enjoyed them more if I wasn't so full, but I have cake for tomorrow!
After dinner we opened Christmas gifts in the car(we didn't feel like hauling all the gifts inside)
Chris and I got Tacori earrings from Sue.. cant' tell the difference between those and my real diamonds.. love, love, love QVC! Chris gave me a pillow of a black cat..flattened out as if you sat on the cat... Duke my cat isn't going to be pleased with that one plus some other good stuff.

























1 comment:

What is Curry? said...

i like the cat the best!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP