Sunday, September 30, 2007

HOT FUDGE SAUCE


I had some cream left over and was craving something chocolate. This is fast and easy.
1C heavy cream
6Tbs butter /margarine
2/3C sugar
2/3 C brown sugar
1C unsweetened cocoa
Heat the cream and butter in a heavy 1qt sauce pan over moderate heat. When it comes to a simmer (little bubbles start around the edges) add the sugars and bring the cream to a low boil whisking to make sure all the sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce heat and stir in the cocoa and a pinch of salt whisk until smooth. Take off heat and if desired add 1tsp vanilla.
Put the sauce into a glass jar or heat proof plastic container.. store in the fridge. Reheat to use.
*you can also make this using evaporated milk or half and half if you don't want to use cream.. saves on a few calories
This is so good. I tend to just eat it out of the jar as is.. I'm not a big ice cream fan.
This also makes a great gift.

3 comments:

What is Curry? said...

I want fudge now..slurp slurp

Anonymous said...

I came by to read your The Kitchen review...

Eileen and Karen said...

I'm waiting to get some pictures to go with the review.. I should get the chip tonight. Check back tomorrow or so.
I just have to say it was worth every penny!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP