Sunday, October 19, 2014

Block 34

I had a great dining experience last night at Block 34 and want to share it with you. I read about the opening of this new San Mateo restaurant  on Tasting Tables & had to try it. We arrived early for our reservations and was greeted by the proprietor, Alex Anderman who was behind the bar...he had just created his version of crispy fried brussel sprout chips & offered us a sample! I was honored & glad to eat some...it was DELISH! The rest of the meal was just as delish...For appetizers we had Deviled Eggs & Grilled Caesar...My husband had1/2 Pound Niman Block Burger for his entree & I had Roasted Oysters...we were quite full but still wanted dessert so we opted for the Dessert Sampler of carrot cake, block pie & choc block...GOOD, GOOD GOOD! Here's pictures of our food:
DEVILED EGGS, bacon, pickled fresno chile

GRILLED CAESAR,sweet gems, grana padano, boquerones,
radishes, rye croutins, caesar

HALF-POUND NIMAN BLOCK BURGER, apple bacon jam,
white cheddar, herbed fries, with fried egg added 

ROASTED OYSTERS, kimchee, gochujang butter, scallions

DESSERT SAMPLER (clockwise):
CHOC BLOCK, hazelnut dacquoise, cornflake praline, chocolate mousse
CARROT CAKE, ginger cream cheese, walnuts, & salted caramel
BLOCK PIE, brown sugar filling, oatmeal crust, whipped creme fraiche
I forgot to mention the wine list, which is extensive & reasonably priced. On my next visit, I'll try their cocktails which looked good also. Overall, I found the restaurant to be pleasant, service good & food nicely presented & very good. I am definitely coming back...Alex is attentive to his patrons & visited most nearly all the tables, which showed his passion for his restaurant to succeed...and I'm sure it well! Here I am with Alex~ 

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP