Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bloggers Meetup



 Margaret Andrew, Nicole Beaudry, and Stephanie Huang Porter hosted the first mixer for Sacramento Bloggers at the beautiful Le Rivage Hotel right on the Sacramento river.  It was held on the patio and it was a perfect night for a patio party.   I'm not sure exactly how many of us bloggers were there but it was a great turn out.


There was even a special cocktail just for us called the Writers Block.

We were first given a tour our the Presidential Suite.  A beautiful room (though I thought it would be larger) over looking the river and the yacht club across the river.  Here are a few pictures of the suite.




 There was food!  Being a food blogger of course there are pictures.  I have to say (and I'm sorry for this) that I have not been a big fan of Scott's Seafood on the River.  I have to say that the food served last night was really good and I was happily surprised.  I hope this means the food has improved because we only live a few blocks away and I was so thrilled when they first opened but the after going a few times through the years and being disappointed I hadn't been back there until last night.  I will definitely give it another try for dinner.
appetizer buffet
smoked salmon
chicken and beef skewers
grilled veggies and cheese plate
After eating we were given a playing card..oh goodie games!  Well, no but it was a great way to meet other bloggers.  Especially for me who isn't so great a mingling.  Every person with the same suit met in their group and introduced ourselves and our blog and why we attended the meetup.
It was a fun night meeting new bloggers and reconnecting with bloggers I'd met at other functions.
Thanks Margaret, Nicole and Stephanie looking forward to future events.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP