Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Farro Salad with Peas,Asparagus and Feta

Using the Bari olive oil and the Bluebird emmer farro that I received in my Foodzie box I decided to try this salad. 
The recipe says to cook the farro for about 10 minutes or until just tender.  I cooked it for about 20 minutes.  I wasn't sure if the grains were supposed to open up or not.  It was tender if chewy (in a good way) so I guess it was OK.
The salad is refreshing and I really enjoyed it and the main thing was my husband did too.  He wasn't quite sure at first.

the Bluebird emmer farro and the Bari olive oil
Farro Salad with Peas, Asparagus, and Feta

1-11/2 C Farro (rinsed)
8oz sugar snap peas
12oz asparagus trimmed and cut into 11/2 inch lengths
12 oz grape tomatoes, halved or 1 tomato seeded and chopped
1/2 C chopped red onion
6 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/2 C olive oil
1/4C sherry vinegar
17oz Feta cheese

Cook farro in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes (longer if necessary) Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
Blanch the asparagus and snap peas in another saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.  Drain and place in ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain.
Add to the farro the tomatoes, onion and dill, blanched asparagus and peas.
Whisk oil and vinegar in a small bowl.  Season with salt and pepper. 
Add dressing to the farro mixture, toss to coat. Adjust seasoning.
Add the Feta and serve.
farrow salad..minus the Feta cheese
Recipe adapted from Bon Appietit.









1 comment:

declaratii fiscale said...

Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP