Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wednesday Lunch in San Francisco

Wednesday was a perfect day for lunching in San Francisco...1st, it was my day off, 2nd, it was a beautiful day (sunny & not hot!) and 3rd (the best), it was my friend, Maggie's birthday! Carol & I celebrated with Maggie at her restaurant of choice, Absinthe. I had always wanted to try it & I'm so glad Maggie chose it. The food, decor & service was the best...our server, Brendan was funny, attentive & accommodating...


Maggie & I both decided on the same entree~Roast Chicken with marscapone polenta,
 rainbow chard & thin crispy friend onion rings...delicious!!!!! It was a hard
decision  but I'm glad I chose this dish...Good excuse to go back to try the other dishes! 
Carol opted to have the same entree but minus the chicken. Since she didn't get
the chicken, she asked Brendan if she could have more polenta (which was absolutely wonderful!).
He obliged & brought out a bowlful of the creamy goodness!
Dessert!!!! Black Forest Cake...not your usual but
extraordinary...
                                                
Another Dessert!!! Beet Cake...different but so GOOD!!!
This cake is a must try!

Satisfied & happy! Carol, me & Maggie.
Yours truly, Karen

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP