Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OSAKA SUSHI

Last night a group of us went to Osaka Sushi for dinner.  This was my husband and my  first time there since I (and yes, I'm Japanese) don't usually go out for Japanese food or eat a lot of Japanese food for that matter. 
Osaka Sushi is located in a large strip mall on Center Parkway off Sheldon Rd.  The restaurant itself is large, well lit and has a very friendly atmosphere.  It's one of those places you like as soon as you walk in. 
We were seated and Linda ordered multiple plates of nigiri and  sushi rolls.  I thought this was going to be dinner but it was just the appetizers.  All the fish was  nice and fresh and the rolls as you can see were beautifully made. We got the Spider Roll, the Y2K Roll and a variety of different nigri sushi. They were all delicious and there was plenty to bring home for lunch the next day. 
I really should have stopped there with the sushi but for an entree I ordered the Seafood Tempura.  This was a mix of oysters, squid, prawns, white fish, crab and scallops all in a nice light crunchy tempura batter,and not greasy at all.  It was one of the better tempura dishes that I've had.  They for sure didn't skimp on the amount of food that they give you.  I have to say, normally I don't like cooked oysters but this was very good. Everything was fried perfectly. After all the sushi I wasn't hungry but I didn't have to worry about any of the tempura going to waste, my husband finished it off.   Other items ordered for dinner were the  Shiyoyaki Salmon (grilled salmon seasoned with salt and pepper), the Yosenabe which is a hot pot of broth with fish and cellophane noodles and vegetables and the boys ordered the House Ramen another big pot of ramen noodles, barbecued pork, chicken and vegetables. 
All the orders came quickly with just one missed order.  Poor Dave didn't get his Ramen, the waiter thought he and his brother were going to split one order. The did finally bring it to him, and he was a happy camper.
Osaka Sushi has a huge menu from appetizers to Sukiyaki. I was very impressed with the food and the friendly staff.

Osaka Sushi
8785 Center Parkway
Sacramento  CA  95823
916 689-8228

Miyagi Bar and Sushi
2580 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento  CA  95825
916 485-2299

Osaka Sushi Woodland
608 Main Street
Woodland  CA  95695
530 668-6288

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm surprised Charlie went! It looks very good. Nice review Eileen.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP