Friday, January 7, 2011

MANGO-AGAVE GRANOLA


I saw Bobby Flay making this the other night on Brunch @ Bobby's. It's an easy granola that is relatively healthy. I know I should eat breakfast but I hate to have to cook something which means I usually eat left overs from the night before or some sort of frozen food or nothing. I decided to try to eat a little healthier which means I should if nothing else eat a healthy breakfast.
This recipe appealed to me because I can have the granola made and just sprinkle some over yogurt. Easy. This is a really delicious granola, the best I've had. I'm not that much of a granola fan but this one changed my mind. Try it, I'm sure you will love it. Plus it's quick and easy.
Mango-Agave Granola
1/4C canola oil
1/4C agave syrup (most groceries have it in the health food isle)
1/4C honey
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3C old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
3/4C slivered almonds
1/2C raw sunflower seeds
1/2C raw pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp flax seeds
2 Tbsp wheat germ
1/4 tsp salt
1C diced dried mango*

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or silicone mat

Mix the oil, agave, hone, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Combine the oats, almonds,sunflower seeds,pumpkin seeds,flax seeds,wheat germ and salt in a large bowl. Add the wet mixture stirring to make sure everything is evenly coated. Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet. Bake stirring occasionally until golden- 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove the granola from the oven and let cool slightly. Add the diced mango and break the granola into chunks. Let cool completely.
Serve with yogurt.
Store the leftover granola in an airtight container in a cool place.
* you can add any kind of dried fruit you like or a combination of dried fruits.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP