Friday, May 7, 2010

1st Annual Noodlefest between Chinatown & North Beach

Hi! This is Karen (not Eileen) reporting from San Francisco. Last Sun., May 2nd, San Francisco held the 1st ever noodle tasting event hosted by various Chinese restaurants in Chinatown & Italian restaurants in North Beach. Tasting tickets purchased in advance were $15 where you had a choice of sampling 3 Chinese noodle & 3 Italian noodle dishes. On the Chinese side, my favorite was the cold, spicy noodle dish (pictured). On the Italian side, I missed out on the crab-filled ravioli which I was told was absolutely delicious...what I had instead was veal-filled ravioli & that was pretty incredible...sorry, I was so busy eating I forgot to take a picture of it!
On the Chinatown side we were entertained by Jest Jammin' (my favorite band!)And on the Italian side a nice jazz ensemble performed.
The weather was perfect & fun was had by all. I hope they do it again next year!

2 comments:

weekendshutterbug said...

What a nice review and blog Karen. I wanted to attend but my foot was hurting, now I know for next year. Keep writing!

Brandon said...

Mmmm. Looks good. I will definately have to go next year!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP