Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SUNDAYS WITH MARLENA SPIELER-RUGELACH

I wanted add this note regarding the Rugelach recipe below. I just made another batch but followed the directions exactly. Remember in the original try I misread the recipe and added a cup of butter rather than a half a cup. Use one cup of butter it comes out with a much richer dough I put the amount in parentheses. Also this time I used a drier farmers cheese..not good. If you can, get the Russian style or one that is really creamy almost like cottage cheese consistency(without the lumps) and use good quality golden raisin. The first time I used some that I bought at the Sacramento Co-op so I'm assuming they were organic but they were so much sweeter than the Sun Maid brand. One other thing to note, though you should chill the dough over night do not leave it in the refrigerator for more than that this dough gets moldy right away. If you aren't' going to use the dough right away wrap it well and freeze it. Happy baking!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP