Monday, November 2, 2009

COOKING WITH MARLENA SPIELER

This the beginning of what I think will be a fun and exciting cooking adventure. Mel @ Cooking Schmooking...No Problem told me she was thinking of cooking through Marlena Spieler's Jewish Cooking book,I told her I had thought of doing something like that after reading Julie and Julia but was too lazy. Mel then asked me if I would be interesting in doing this with her and another blogger Shankari @Stream of Consciousness.. I thought it would be fun and went over to take a look at Marlena's book. It was fabulous.. lots of interesting recipes some that were familiar and quiet a few that were new to me. I thought it would be a good chance to learn to cook Jewish food and learn something of the Jewish culture. I've e-mailed Marlena a couple of times and she is the sweetest person..and she's flattered we are doing this. I hope I can do justice to Marlena's recipes and and am honored to be doing them. We will be beginning our culinary project this week so come back on Sunday and read our first posts. Please leave lots of comments because feed back will help me and the others to know how you like this project and how we are doing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy! I am headed to the store to get the ingredients I need for Sunday.

You came and looked at the book...but you really came over for the stuffed cabbage rolls (holishkes). LOL!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP