Friday, September 25, 2009

BOULEVARD

Today we, Mare, Nance and I took Sue to San Francisco for her check up at UCSF Medical Center.
Her appointment was at 9:00am an we got out of there around 10:30 just in time to go to lunch. The last few times we have gone to the Slanted Door at the Ferry Building but wanted something new to try. We had heard a lot of good things about Boulevard which was just across from the Ferry Building. We got there just as the restaurant opened and had to wait a few minutes until they finished setting up. It is a really cute place, kind of Tiffany/20's inspired decor with dark wood. We started off with Crispy fried squash blossoms and Fresh Monterey Calamari. I had always wanted to try squash blossoms, these were stuffed with Ricotta and herbs on a bed of summer squash relish, capers and tomato sauce. It was so good.
The Calamari was on a bed of Miso rice noodles, sesame, crispy ginger.
Entrees were the Kobe burger and Fries for Mare and Nance. The oohed and ahhed over it and ate every last bit.
Sue had the Bravette of Kobe beef, sauteed spinach, potato onion cake and trumpet mushrooms. She said the beef was very tender and very good.

I had the lamb chops, fingerling potatoes and baby artichokes and salsa verde. While it was very good the lamb was not hot, maybe because I ordered it rare? It was rare so maybe it didn't have a chance to get hot all the way through?

Of course desert.. Glazed Johnathan apple bunt with Marshall honey, berries and berries ripple ice cream.Mare and I split a decadent Layered Mocha chocolate cake and Sue had the Pecan Turtle Sundae. While everything was very good, service was excellent I was kind let down. I guess my expectations were too high, it just wasn't what I had expected. It's not that I wouldn't go back, I'd love to try it for dinner. Next time we'll try another place.
Anyone with any good lunch suggestions in San Francisco please let me know.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP