Thursday, June 11, 2009

FORMOLI'S BISTRO

Wednesday night Sue and I took a trip to Costco and after decided to try Formoli's Bistro on J street. Sue and I thought it was good and we'd go back, it just didn't have a "wow" factor. We got there around 7:45pm and had about a 10 min. wait for a table. It's another rather small restaurant like Ravenous and Tuli Bistro. I think it has a much cozier feel with it's whimsical colorful pictures on the walls and the wood bar and canopy over the main dining area.
We started with the Stuffed Mushrooms, goat cheese, pancetta stuffing.. really good. Of course give me anything with goat cheese and I'm happy. The other appetizer was the Ahi Tuna Tartar. Diced Ahi, capers, a light soy dressing over Arugula. This was good, but needed something.. I thought it needed some soy sauce. It was a really good sized portion though.
Dinner was the Seared Duck Breast, brown rice,sauted spinach .. yum! Sue had the Whiskey Burger w/ garlic fries. It looked good.. she said it was but liked the fries better. Desert of course.. I had the fruit tart which was good. The crust was like a shortbread and it was tender, didn't need a chisel to cut through it. Sue had the Chocolate Napoleon. I thought it was going to be layers but it was more like a bombe.. it was very good and chocolaty.
Like I said I'd go back, I did enjoy the food and service was good and the servers friendly.






The only draw back is parking.. unless you have one of those little Smart Cars it's almost impossible to park in the lot on J street. We had my Suburban and luckily found a spot on the street. I think there is also parking in the back.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP