Saturday, April 18, 2009

DATE "MILKSHAKE"

Another recipe from Shankari, this is the Date Milkshake that I said I was going to start drinking in the mornings for a healthy breakfast. It's easy :
11/2C milk (I used soy milk)
6 pitted dates
5 raw almonds
a little less than 1/8 tsp cardamom
In a blender blend all together until creamy and enjoy.
A tip from Shankari, blend the dates, almonds and the cardamom in a larger batch, this can either be refridgerated for quite a while of frozen. Just add the milk and blend.
This recipe serves 2.
I did the breakdown for this drink because I wanted to see the calorie content. This is for the whole recipe. So it turns out to be a healthy drink.



GramsCalories%-Cals
Calories
366


Fat
10.3
86
24
%
Saturated
1.1
9
3
%
Polyunsaturated
3.6
30
8
%
Monounsaturated
3.4
28
8
%
Carbohydrate
56.7
213
58
%
Dietary Fiber
9.5



Protein
19.0
66
18
%
Alcohol
0.0
0
0
%

Fat
(
24
%)
Carbs
(
58
%)
Protein
(
18
%)
Alcohol
(
0
%)
Publish Post

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't had a date in years!

Hi Eileen!

Rajesh &Shankari said...

I went and bought some dates last night to make some more shake. I am thrilled when my students like my recipe.

And your curry leaf plant has grown bigger than ours

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP