Wednesday, January 14, 2009

COSMO CAFE

Tonight we met up with our meet-up group to try Cosmo and the plan was to see Forever Plaid after. There were 6 of us for dinner and it ended up with only one going to see the musical.
Dinner was good.. service was Mah Mah (so so). We met at 6:15 and thought there would be more than enough time to make the 8:00pm show. After we were seated the waitress asked if anyone was going to the show, we were waiting for one other person but said we would go ahead and order. We started with cocktails (me) and looked over the menu both the standard menu and the Dining Down Town menu.
Catherine and Dean selected the Frisee salad and the chicken off the special menu plus I think Catherine ordered the Smoked Sausage off the regular menu. Both Sue and I had the Cosmo Burger, I had the Beet Salad and we also ordered the Fish and Chips which never arrived. There was another order of chicken and one of the Waygu Sirloin Mac and Cheese ,Edamae, Baby carrots and red wine sauce.
I loved my salad, it was delicious, the burger was also outstanding as were the fries. They actually put salt on the fries.. yum! It seemed everyone else enjoyed their meal though I heard the Mac and Cheese was nothing special. Cheese cake was the desert of choice for those who had the $30.00 special and everyone said it was very good. I had the Chocolate Bread Pudding, which as OK.. kind of like an over cooked lava cake.. not really a bread pudding.
As I said our appetizer of Fish and Chips never did arrive and the service was slow. I don't know what the problem was but all the wait staff were gathered in the kitchen as if to hurry the chef's along. I would definitely return, the food was very good, maybe wait until they they get their act together as far as service. Robert just made the show..he had to find our waitress to ask her to bring our bill so he could get going. She was as accommodating as she could be considering how back logged they were. Roasted Beets, Feta, Avocado, PistachiosHouse smoked sausage, sauerkraut, whole grain mustardThe Cosmo burger w/ truffle cheese and the best friesCheesecakeChocolate Bread Pudding
All in all excellent food, service not so good. Check out more reviews at ~MUNCHIE MUSINGS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer about the service but I'd like to try that salad you had! I'll cruise over to Munchie Musings to get her take as well.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP