Tuesday, November 11, 2008

FUZIO UNIVERSAL BISTRO














Tonight Sue and I decided to try Fuzio on 9th & J St. Nicole who we know from the Sacramento Food Co-Op is the manager. Fuzio is a chain with locations in San Francisco, Davis,Fresno, Dublin and Modesto. For a chain it is very good. It is a Universal Bistro because they have a lot of Asian inspired dishes as well as Italian. Tonight we decided to go with an appetizer dinner. We started with the Crispy Calamari with a Lemon Garlic Aoli. The Calamari and Aoli were good, nothing outstanding but good. We then had the Firecracker Slyers, the firecracker pork, sweet bun, Asian style vegetables, habanero spread and onion strings.. this was killer..really good. We also had the Mussels & Clams, Italian style in white wine and garlic and hickory smoked bacon. This was a pretty good dish, I liked the clams.. I'm not that big on Mussels. This dish comes Asian Style also. I think I'd like that better. The last dish was the Mac and Cheese.. WOW..this was my favorite. Garlic cream, cambazola, sharp cheddar parmesan and black forest ham. This is one of the best Mac & Cheese I've had. Plus we got a complementary Crostini of Carmelized onion, tomatoes and I think goat cheese.. very tasty.
Then of course there was desert.. Sue had the Glazed Polenta Almond Pound Cake. This was the best of the two deserts
I had the Chocolate Coconut Bread Pudding.. this was kind of bland.. I tasted a lot of coconut but not a lot of chocolate. Maybe they should have had chocolate whipped cream or something. It was OK, not great. All in all it was good and there are several dishes we want to come back and try.
Nicole, the manager and hostess ..

Fuzio Universal Bistro
828 J Street
916-442-2310
http://www.fuzio.com/



2 comments:

Ms. Munchie said...

This was one of stops on the grub crawl. I also really liked the sliders. I won a free entree, so I'll have to go back to check them out.

Eileen and Karen said...

The Firecracker pasta dish is supposed to be their #1 seller.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP