Monday, September 29, 2008

YOU DON'T LOOK THAT.... UH...

I had put a saddle on Craig's List since it had been sitting there for years and I may be moving my horses so I thought I'd get rid of it. I got a lot of e-mails from people wanting it, but when it came down to it only a couple of people actually contacted me. This one guy who I'll leave nameless come out because he really wanted the saddle. He liked the saddle and his friend thought it was a good buy. As we were talking I found out he went to Kennedy High and I went to McClatchy.. we had mutual acquaintances it turned out. He asked when I graduated and when I told him he said " Really, you don't look that.... he realized what he was about to say and stopped..looked embarrassed and was trying to find a different word.. I thought it was hilarious and just watched him struggle. I was loving it. He finally ended with "you don't look like you graduated in '70" ..yeah yeah I'm old. I just sweetly smiled and said thank you.. I'm so bad. He did buy the saddle and e-mailed me later to say he thought it was perfect for him. He was a really nice guy.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP