Saturday, September 6, 2008

THE KITCHEN

Last night my husband and I took my sister to The Kitchen for her big 50 birthday. Unfortunately her husband wasn't able to make it.
As always Chef Noah Zonca was great, he is so funny and puts everyone at ease. We were seated at one end of the counter a perfect place to watch the chefs plate the food and send it out. It is quite a production line.
Our meal this night started with Goat Cheese Gnocchi w/ Crispy Potato,Braised Baby Shitake Mushrooms,Parmesean,Squash Blossoms and Black Truffles.
Act III: Corn and Walla Walla Onion Chowder w/Main Lobster Fritters,Walnut-Vanilla Bean Cream and Parsley-Shiso Mash.
Intermission was platters of Tuna Sashimi and Tuna Poke Style, Yellow Fin Tuna, Spicy Tuna Sushi and a Vegetarian Sushi, Tempura Vegetables, Battered Shrimp. Plus a chance to try a couple of premium Sake
Act IV:Slow Roasted Liberty Duck Breast and Guinea Hen Canneloni w/ Parma-Prosciutto, Natural Pan Juices,Thyme,Chili Oil and a small salad.
Act V: Free Range Lavender Scented Grilled Bison w/a Salsa of Virginia Sea Scallops and Heirloom Tomatoes,Homemade Bacon Infused Cabernet and Argentine Chimichuri.
Act VI: tea service and coffee

Act VII: Milk Chocolate-Brioche Bread Pudding, Yellow Peach Ice Cream, Britni's Bittersweet Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies ad Chocolate-Espresso Jus.

The Gniocchi was absolutely delicious, I could have eaten a whole bowlful. The Corn Chowder while good was a bit too sweet for me. Intermission was awesome.. the freshest fish and real wasabi grated on a shark skin grater and also a delicious pickled wasabi. I think this is always my favorite part of the meal. Both the Duck and the Bison were delicious and desert was beautiful, I especially loved the peach ice cream. I had the wine pairing with the meal, I think next time (next month) I'll just get a couple of glasses of wine.. the pairing is just too much.
Dinner was awesome as always. Here are some pictures of our meal

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP