Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby Sitting the Grandkids

I'm tired.. I just got home from San Diego (Poway) where I was babysitting my grand kids and kids of friends. As you may remember my Son-in -Law, Kobie made Chief Petty Officer and Friday night was the big celebratory bash for their friends and co-workers. I flew into San Diego on Thursday night on the same flight as Summer (daughter) and Kobie and my granddaughter Lana. They had been in Tacoma visiting Kobie's grandmother so she could see the baby. Tianna had to stay home with friends since she had school. We met on the plane and had a great flight to San Diego. We then had to hang out for another hour for Kobie's cousin Tina to get in. She tried to get on our flight but they wanted to charge her extra to change flights and our plane had about 20 seats empty! How silly is that! So after she got in we headed to Poway and visited for a while and I hit the bed. Friday we helped Summer make table decorations took Tianna to school and later picked her up and just generally hung out until it was time for them to go set up decorations at the Pub where the party was being held. They also were going to be spending the weekend downtown. Around 5:30pm Tony and Marissa brought over their 2 kids.. Justin (8) and Gabrielle( 5 months) Justin is easy, he and Tianna just kind of do their own thing. Gabby is usually easy, and asleep by 7:30 or 8 same for Lana.. well, of course nothing goes as expected. Justin and Gabby were picked up at 1:00am and Tianna and I went to bed at 2:00am. Lana was up at 3:30, 5:30 and ready to the day at 7:30. Needless to say Grandma is draggin! I took the kids downtown to where Summer and Kobie were spending the rest of the weekend at the Hyatt. I've never stayed in downtown San Diego.. I'm going to have to do that next time. Summer said it is a lot of fun. Tired, but fun stuff being with my granddaughters.

Tianna in her usual position, eating and watching TV


Tianna and Lana after a bath


Lana has discovered her toes

2 comments:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Lana has grown up and looks adorable!

Unknown said...

Darling kids!!

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP