Sunday, November 18, 2007

HAPPINESS SATURDAY/SUNDAY

Just the fact that it is Saturday makes me happy. Happiness Sunday.. finishing making my pie crusts 12 of them. Tomorrow.. pie baking. Also another good dinner at Gianni's Trattoria on J St. Yes, the waiter did forget our appetizer the calamari but really we didn't need it. The bread just came out of the oven and it was hot and heavenly. Charlie had the Arugula salad and the Veal Marsala which was really good and I had the Pumpkin Gnocchi. The Gnocchi was good, very light with a light pesto. I don't know what kind of pesto it was.. not Basil. Whatever it was it was good. Everything comes out HOT so that's good, it means things are put together as ordered and they aren't sitting there the whole night. The desert we picked was the gelato sundae.. choice of 2 gelato flavors with chocolate and caramel toppings with berries and whipped cream. I chose the vanilla and the pumpkin gelatos.. I asked them to put the chocolate on the vanilla and the caramel on the pumpkin.. the pumpkin gelato was really good. That's the only part I ate.. I loved that. I love the decor of Gianni's it's ultra modern, sleek, but it's comfortable and so far after being there twice, it's been consistently good.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP