Friday, October 19, 2007

Edible Crawl

I wish I could make this event. I had planned to go but we are taking someone who we hope passes his Backflow Certification test out to dinner that night.
I really wanted to make the crawl since recently my daughter found out that she is a carrier of the Cystic Fibrosis gene. She found this out about a month ago while undergoing gene profiling during one of her prenatal appointments. Cystic Fibrosis is a recessive gene so both parents have to test positive for the gene for the baby to have at least a 25% chance of contracting the disease. Luckily my son-in-law did not test positive, thank goodness. My daughter is in the beginning her 2nd trimester so I wasn't sure what they could do if they found out both tested positive, it's a little late by then to terminate the pregnancy if that was their choice. And yes, I would stand by whatever choice they made. I firmly believe in choice.. but then that's another blog. It is good to know that she is a carrier since she has a daughter and for the the rest of the nieces and nephews in the family to be aware of this, since we don't know exactly which side of the family it comes from. I hope this Edible Crawl is a success because now is has become personal. I wish I could be there.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP