Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tuk-Tuk

I just read in the paper that one of the employees at Tuk-Tuk in Natomas has come down with hepatits A. The article says that anyone who ate there from June 20-29th was exposed. We (Sue and I) ate there on the 19th. I guess I'd have to call the restaurant to find out if that person was working there at that time or not and was it on the 2oth that they found out that the person was infected with hepatitis?
How scarey is that!! It said diners were under minimal risk. I'm debating if I should go get checked, it needs to be done with in a certain time frame. I think I have until the 13th to get tested. Here is a link to the story in the Bee.


News - Natomas restaurant worker has hepatitis - sacbee.com

7/6/07--update: I called Sacramento County Public Health to find out about the time frame of this employee having hepatitis. Apparently the employee was not employed before June 20, so she said eating there on the 19th we were safe and didn't need to be concerned.
Don't people who handle food need to have a clean bill of health? Shouldn't they have some kind of certificate that says they are free of any communicable disease and that it should be updated yearly? I'm sure that would be a pain for the employer and I'm not certain how prevalent these cases are, but having an employee that has a communicable disease could certainly ruin your business with all the news coverage regarding it.
At least I don't have to worry now about this issue.. and I'm not sure if I would go back to Tuk Tuk.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP